Never thought I would be writing about essentials oil. Ever since I started on them, it has dramatically changed my life. At first, I was a little sceptical I wasn’t sure if the oils worked or I was just trying to make myself believe they were working. I have a thing for nice smells, so I started with diffusing them around the house. It made the house smell so nice and slowly I noticed that it started to affect our moods. Whenever I feel overwhelmed/upset – I would diffuse Joy + Lemon (from Young Living) and my mood would lift! I have no explanation how except I feel so much better and nicer.
HOW DO YOU USE THEM
- Diffusing (This is my favourite way)
- Add 2-4 drops in your bath
- Add 1-2 drops on your palm, rub it and then inhale
- Add 2-3 drops directly onto your skin and rub or massage it in.
- To massage a larger surface area – mix your oil with a carrier oil (Some essentials oils are strong and could possibly aggravate or burn your skin)
- Add 1-2 drops in your drink
- Add 1-2 drops in a veg capsule
- Add 1-2 drops in your cooking
HOW I USE THEM
- I diffuse Lavender every night to help us sleep soundly.
- When I get body aches from working out. I would dilute PanAway with sweet almond oil and get Don to massage my sore back or shoulder/neck. When I wake up the next day, no more body aches!
- Whenever I feel a cold or a sore throat coming – I would diffuse Thieves. Make hot tea with honey and add 1-2 drops of Thieves + Lemon.
- Every morning I would mix hot water + honey and add 1-3 drops of Lemon.
- Apply Thieves on the bottom of my feet for an immunity booster
- Apply 1-2 drops of Frankincense in my night moisturiser for a smooth, clearer skin
- Add 2-3 drops of Grapefruit oil in my glass water bottle to drink throughout the day
MY FAVOURITE OILS
Are you a fan of essential oils? What are your favourites?